STEPS TO APPLY TO THE BSN PROGRAM
The BSN is currently offered in Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Yakima.
WHERE TO START
- Applicants should be advised by their pre-nursing advisor at their respective school.
- The college accepts transfer students, but preference is given to students from one of the consortium institutions—Eastern Washington University, Washington State University, or Whitworth University. All others will be considered transfer students.
- If you are already an RN and want to pursue your BSN, look at our RN-BSN program option.
WHAT'S NEXT? MEET THE ADMISSION CRITERIA
- If you plan to apply to the pre-licensure program for spring 2015 admission, you must complete the TEAS test and upload your results by September 15, 2014. TEAS scores must be uploaded AND attached to your NursingCAS application. Information on testing days, times, and locations for spring 2015 is available on our TEAS Test page. Scores are good for one year.
- Applicants must be at junior standing (60 semester credits/90 quarter credits).
- 50 hours of work/volunteer experience.
(Please note: Sacred Heart and Holy Family cannot accommodate short-term volunteer opportunities or job shadowing. For long-term volunteer opportunities, contact their Volunteer Services department).
Download experience log form
- Favorable evaluation of all information in the application file by the Undergraduate Admissions and Progression Committee at the College of Nursing.
- WSU University Common Requirements (UCORE) or equivalent course work must be completed prior to nursing admission.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in all college course work.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in College of Nursing’s prerequisite courses.
- Minimum grade for each prerequisite course - 2.0 (pass/satisfactory grades and CLEP scores are not accepted).
- No more than three prerequisite courses may be in progress during the final quarter/semester of lower division requisite course work.
- All course work must be completed by the end of the spring term for fall admission, or by the end of fall term for spring admission.
APPLY TO THE BSN PROGRAM
In order to apply to the College of Nursing
For any applicants who previously completed a NursingCAS application and plan to apply to the BSN program,
We recommend that you save and print a PDF copy of your current application if you plan to apply again. This will allow you to re-enter your information more quickly on the new NursingCAS 3.0 application.
- The College of Nursing uses a Centralized Application Service (CAS). All students applying to the BSN program apply through the CAS. The fee is $45.00.
- Applicants select the (one) campus they plan on attending: Spokane, Tri-Cities, or Yakima.
- Current home and email addresses must be included in your CAS application.
- The application process opens twice a year. Please refer to our BSN application instructions and deadlines for more information.
- All official transcripts must be received by Nursing CAS by the designated deadline. Please refer to our BSN application instructions and deadlines for more information.
- DO NOT apply to WSU at this time. If you are admitted to the nursing program, you will receive instructions to apply to the University at that time.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Deadline to apply is February 15 for the following academic year. WSU FAFSA code is 003800.
- You will be notified if you have been selected for the interview process after submitting your application. Please refer to our BSN application instructions and deadlines for more information on when to expect this notification.
- If you do not complete all requirements in your last quarter or semester prior to admission with a 2.0 grade or higher, or if you fail a prerequisite course, your application will not be considered.
- The College of Nursing does not review letters of recommendation or personal essays. Please do not send them to Nursing CAS or to the College of Nursing.
YOU'VE BEEN INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW. NOW WHAT?
- If you are invited for a personal interview, you must participate in it to complete the application process. Telephone interviews are not accepted.
- On the day of your interview, expect to participate in a proctored writing exam.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE BEEN ADMITTED. WHAT'S NEXT?
- Apply directly to WSU.
- Refer to the Admitted Students section on our website for information on what's next in the admission process. This site includes orientation information, a list of nursing requirements, important dates and deadlines, and additional resources you will need during the admission process.
- BSN Application Instructions and Deadlines
- NursingCAS Application Instructions (available soon)
- College of Nursing Prerequisite Courses
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- WSU University Common Requirements (UCORE)
The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Washington State University College of Nursing are accredited by the Commision on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.